Posted by ELLIE PARKS on 4/28/2022
Hello, Choir Parents and Students!
The Seniors had an amazing time at the opera, Fidelio, yesterday! Everyone is looking forward to Six Flags on Saturday. It's our busiest (and most fun!) time of year and I'm so happy you are all a part of it.
Here are our upcoming events. Remember, only bold and underlined events are REQUIRED for all choir students. However, some events are required for certain groups. Read carefully to see which events affect you/your child. Also, some dates that are in red are DIFFERENT from the calendar that was sent home in January, so please note those as well.
- Sat. April 30, Post-UIL Celebration Trip to Six Flags
- Mon. May 2, Beethoven Rehearsal, 4-6 PM (Required for certain HS students. Notifications were emailed, sent home and posted in Google Classroom in early April)
- Wed. May 4, Auditions for Pop Show Choir Song solos start in class
- Wed. May 4, A Cappella Rehearsal, 4-5:30 PM
- Thurs. May 5, Beethoven Performance at 175th Community Worship in FHS Auditoritum, 4-7 PM (Required for certain HS students. Notifications were emailed, sent home and posted in Google Classroom in early April)
- Wed. May 11, A Cappella Rehearsal, 4-5:30 PM
- Thurs. May 12, FHS Pop Show Rehearsal, 4-7 PM (Different date from original calendar)
- Fri. May 13, 6th Grade Choir Trip to John Knox Ranch, 3:45 PM - 5 PM May 14
- Sun. May 15, FHS Choir Banquet at Holy Ghost, 5-7 PM (Different date from original calendar)
- Tues. May 17, A Cappella Rehearsal, 4-5:30 PM
- Wed. May 18, Tech Rehearsal for Pop Show Soloists, 4-7 PM
- Thurs. May 19, Pop Show Dress Rehearsal, 4-7 PM, Required for ALL Choir Students
- Fri. May 20, Pop Show, 6:30-8:30 PM, Required for ALL Choir Students. Students must arrive by 5:45 PM.
- Fri. May 27, GCHS Graduation, Required for 2022-2023 Varsity Choir Members
- Fri. May 27, FHS Graduation, Required for Current Varsity Members and Seniors
Thank you for all of your support of the choir program! As always, please call/text/email me with any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful week!
Ellie Parks, Choir Director, elliep