The bond proposal addresses projects throughout the District, including the proposed projects below:
- A new Fredericksburg Middle School
- CTE additions and renovations at Fredericksburg High School
- Technology infrastructure improvements
- Safety and security
- Transportation upgrades and additions
- Softball/Baseball Dressing Room addition at Fredericksburg High School
- Weight Room addition at FHS
- Inclusive Playgrounds at Fredericksburg Primary School, Fredericksburg Elementary School, and Stonewall Elementary School
- Outdoor Playground Restrooms at Fredericksburg Primary School
- Stonewall Elementary School Gym improvements
The bond proposal will be presented to voters in one single ballot proposition:
- Proposition A – School Buildings, Infrastructure & Improvements
Fredericksburg community members are encouraged to explore this informational webpage to learn more about what’s included in the proposed bond package; how the bond proposal was developed; and how FISD’s conservative fiscal approach currently allows the district to fund capital projects without an increase to the district’s tax rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is going to happen to the current Middle School campus?
What is a Bond?
How can bond funds be used?
Why do you need a bond election?
Why are we not proposing to build a new high school and moving FMS to the current FHS campus?
Questions about Taxes
How will the 2022 bond election affect my taxes?
Why does the ballot say this will be a tax increase?
How can Fredericksburg ISD afford to issue bonds without an increase to the tax rate?
Why is there no other way to fund these projects?
What if I’m 65-years old or older and receive the “senior citizen exemption” and my home values go up? Will my school taxes go up?