Fredericksburg ISD maintains this social media account to distribute information about upcoming events, the achievements of students and staff, and other news pertaining to Fredericksburg ISD. Fredericksburg ISD social media accounts are designated/limited open public forums, subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions.
Fredericksburg ISD maintains social media accounts to distribute information efficiently and effectively to staff, parents, students, and the Fredericksburg ISD community. The main objective is to share the many accomplishments of our students and staff. Additionally, breaking news and district updates may be published on social media accounts.
Citizens and members of the media should submit requests for information through established channels rather than post requests as comments on the District’s social media accounts. Requests for documents in comments will not be processed. Public Information requests pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act may be submitted by mail or by email to email@example.com.
District students and staff members are encouraged to access FISD social media accounts outside of school hours and in accordance with District policies.
The administrators of the Fredericksburg ISD social media accounts reserve the right to hide comments, at any time, that violate District policies or do not adhere to the following guidelines.
Staff and students posting to the FISD social media accounts must adhere to the District’s policies and guidelines on the appropriate standards of conduct applicable to FISD schools and school related activities.
Fredericksburg ISD may hide comments posted on FISD social media accounts if the comment meets one of the following conditions:
- Comments shall be limited to the topic of a specific posting made by the FISD page administrator. Comments that include topics not introduced by FISD page administrators are not open for discussion on this page and the comment will be hidden by the page administrators.
- Contain remarks that are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or otherwise discriminatory based on a protected class as per Title VII, Title IX, other Federal or State Civil Rights laws, and Fredericksburg ISD Board policy.
- Comments that suggest or encourage violence or illegal activity are not allowed.
- Comments that contain confidential information about a student or employee.
- Comments that violate any Fredericksburg ISD Board policy.
- Comments that violate U.S. fair use or copyright laws.
- Comments that promote or advertise a service or product.
- Comments that contain links to other websites or contain photographs or links to photographs.
If you have questions or would like to report a comment for us to review, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals for comments that have been hidden should be filed using the District’s grievance policies GF, FNG, or DGBA for community members, parents and students, and employees respectively.