Phone: (830) 990-4599
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amie Chalberg
The Proud Principal of Stonewall Elementary School
I am so pleased to be the principal of Stonewall Elementary. I will continue the commitment to a strong academic focus embraced by a loving and supportive environment that has made Stonewall such a special place to raise a child. With 20 years of experience, I come to Fredericksburg ISD from Austin ISD where I was a counselor, counselor supervisor and campus administrator. Prior to working for AISD, I taught gifted students in Irving, Texas and also was the early childhood program specialist for Austin Children’s Museum which is now the Thinkery. I will bring elements of social emotional learning and creative learning strategies to an already strong instructional program at Stonewall. I have a Masters from the University of Texas in Educational Psychology. I hold a Bachelors in Elementary Education from Texas Women’s University. I am a certified teacher, counselor and principal.
I have been married to Daryl Chalberg for 23 years and have two sons, Devin and Drew.
I believe in the education of the whole child. I believe that as responsible educators, we have a duty to create supportive and caring learning communities that build effective communicators, inspired scholars, productive workers, responsible citizens and resourceful thinkers.
· Effective Communicators will use verbal, written, artistic and technological forms of communication to give, send, and receive information.
· Inspired Scholars are accountable for demonstrating, assessing and directing their present and life-long intellectual growth.
· Productive Workers perform collaboratively and independently to create quality products and services that reflect personal pride and responsibility.
· Responsible Citizens have a global and multi-cultural perspective and take the initiative for improving the quality of physical and intellectual life, both for themselves and for others.
· Resourceful Thinkers independently and creatively strive to solve complex problems through reflection, risk taking and critical evaluation.